About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Where does the weekend go?

Another Monday.

Blah.

It was a good, productive weekend, but I feel utterly exhausted sitting here at work. I think I was nesting this weekend. It was weird. I'm tired of living a life full of clutter. So, we worked to simplify our lives. We cleaned out and reorganized the kitchen cupboards. Now I just need a few plastic bins to put some stuff in so we can access it easier. We also cleaned up the basement and organized it--it was a mess. Cleaned the first floor and even made a chore list--just need to dole out responsibilities. It's awful--here I am 26 years old and still not doing chores on a regular basis. Our kitchen gets to be a mess with the dishes, our bathrooms aren't cleaned that often...it's gross. But that's all about to change. I'm hoping our new dishwasher will help take care of the dishes problem. We're both really determined now, but we'll see what this week will bring--that's the true test. If the house doesn't get cluttered during the week, we'll have an easier weekend and a whole lot less stress. I suppose, really, Tuesday will be the test since I'll be at book club almost all night and DH will be working late because of Obama coming to town.

Anyway, I guess I'm just saying that I feel like I'm finally really growing up and taking responsibility in our house. We just have a few more rooms we need to really go over--mostly our bedroom and closet. The biggest problem is that I have a TON of clothes that don't really fit anymore and aren't really all that flattering. However, if I get pregnant, I have a feeling that I'll just want to wear my "fat clothes" for awhile. Therefore, I don't want to get rid of them or have them altered to fit. But I just have too many pairs of pants that don't fit anymore--it's awful. I mean, it should be good, but it's actually really frustrating. So maybe we'll pack them away and then when I need bigger clothes, we can pull them out. Something has to be done--I have clothes ranging size 14 through 20 upstairs and the room is bulging with stuff because of it. So maybe our bedroom will be next weekend's project. Or maybe even during the week this week.

Side note: Got to get back to the gym this week. Haven't been since January, which was before DH got sick. Feeling better, but just haven't gotten back into the habit. It's bad news. I did do the Biggest Loser video this past week, which was good. I have gym clothes at work today and might go tomorrow after work. We'll see--need to discuss with DH. Not sure if when he says he doesn't feel like going I should push him to go or just accept it. Need to ask.

No comments: