Monday, September 19, 2011

Well, I'm glad that's over

I've been quiet and I know it.  It isn't because I don't have things to say and it's definitely not because I don't *want* to blog.  Work has been insane and, while I didn't do all of my blogging at work, my energy level in the evenings has been incredibly low.  All I want to do once I get Baby Girl to bed is zone out at the TV and go to bed early.

Our project went live two weeks ago and it's rolling along fairly smoothly.  I'm hopeful that we'll be able to dive into Phase 2 soon, but it should be much less taxing and time-consuming for me, especially now that the initial roll-out is done.  You see, I was the main Systems driver for moving our office to a paperless process, which is a HUGE shift in culture.  It's been a struggle to gain the buy-in that I needed and, as expected, we had some technical difficulties, but it's up and running and operational for most people.

This project has honestly been really exciting and frustrating at the same time.  By the time I walk out of here, I'm wiped and have no energy to devote to my own family.  I'm glad we've stabilized at work, though, since it's now The Hubby's turn to have crazy time at work.  I'm hoping after this week we'll both be able to relax in the evenings and not be impatient and testy all of the time like we've each been over the last few weeks (mostly me, I'll admit).

This isn't necessarily an apology post--I also sort of wanted an entry to remind myself of this time, where I couldn't find the time or energy to do much of anything, let alone write out a great blog post.  I hope you've all been doing well and hopefully this means I'll be around more often, writing more super exciting stuff.

Or, you know, writing about my kid and her potty training progress (she woke up dry this morning, for instance...).  :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm really glad your project rolled out mostly smoothly. And although we've still been talking other places, I have really missed your posts. So yay for being back! :)

And GO Baby Girl on the potty training! That's amazing and awesome.