Sunday, January 15, 2012

Meal Plan 1/15/12 - 1/21/12

I'm enjoying a nice quiet weekend at home with my two favorite people.  The best part?  We get a bonus day tomorrow!  I've been strangely productive (a post coming on that later) and yet have felt like I've been lazy.  It's been blissful.  I'm going to pick up some supplies to do some baking with Baby Girl when I hit the grocery in a few minutes--we'll probably make some brownies.  Yum.

Sunday: Cheesy Sausage Penne: When Cassie posted this on Facebook, I immediately thought, "Nah...I probably shouldn't try it just yet.  It also looks like it'll take too long to do on a weeknight."  But then when I showed it to The Hubby, he insisted we try it and reminded me that we have both Sunday and Monday to cook longer meals if we want.  So we're going to go for it.  Hope I don't feel horrible afterwards!

Monday: Cream Cheese, Chicken & Veggie Soup: We made this just a couple of weeks ago, but Baby Girl (and her parents...) loved it so much that I decided to make it again.

Tuesday: Salsafied Chicken with Rice: This is one of our old favorites and it'll be my first foray with salsa in about a month.  I hope it goes well.  The dish itself isn't that spicy, so I think it'll be okay.

Wednesday: Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops: Another one of Cassie's creations that I'm eager to try.  I hope it's as delicious as it looks.  We'll be having it with mashed potatoes and some sort of frozen veggie, but I don't think I can handle the huge serving of mashed potatoes that Cassie features on her blog :)  In a former life I could, but not these days (unless I want to be tasting mashed potatoes over and over again all evening).

Thursday: Brats & tater tots: I was cleaning out my coupons and found a pretty good one for Johnsonville Chicken Sausage and then happened to look at the Kroger ad and found that Johnsonville products are on sale this week.  Double score!  We'll likely have these made in the skillet with some peppers and onions.

Friday: Veggie quesadillas: The Hubby suggested quesadillas and when he actually requests something, I'll gladly oblige.  I asked what kind of meat he wanted and he said veggie would be fine.  We'll include mushrooms, peppers, and onions inside our quesadillas and serve it with some sort of rice and maybe some beans.

Saturday: We *think* we'll be going out with The Hubby's family to celebrate his mom's and both of his brothers' birthdays (1/30, 1/15, and 1/25), so we're not planning a meal.  If we end up at home that night, we can fix a frozen pizza or go out to eat for the first time in 2 weeks.  We'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm your meal plan sounds so good. Seriously, I think I'm saving like 3 of those recipes you linked.

Cassie said...

I'm so glad you liked the penne! That stuff is so amazing and I am putting it on our menu again next week. I'm really eager to try that cream cheese and veggie soup...It sounds like something I'd love, obviously. :)

And really, no one needs a pile of potatoes as big as the one in my photo! Looking at that still makes me laugh.