About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No bottles

I started to post this on a message board I'm a part of and then realized that there really isn't anything for them to respond to and I'm not sure that most of them would care.  So I'm posting a quick post here :)
---
With Baby Girl, moving to a sippy wasn't a big deal and was honestly not something we tackled--the sitter did.  And now with Baby Boy it also hasn't been a huge deal--he doesn't get bottles at home, so the most he gets in a day is now 2 (from the sitter).  He didn't really want to drink BM from a sippy yet even though he drinks water from one at home, and we were fine with it.  We use Drop-Ins, so the sitter handles cleaning the nipples and it's no skin off our back and is honestly a pretty minimal expense.

But yesterday he drank all of the BM that I sent for him (about 6 oz) out of a sippy cup.  Woohoo!  Now I don't have to tell the pediatrician at the end of the month that he still takes a bottle (not that it'd be a big deal--I really didn't care and don't think the pediatrician would care much).

Still trying to decide what to do about pumping and my milk supply, though.  I'm still pumping three times per day most days (unless I have a lunch date--then I'll just pump twice).  I'm only getting 6 ounces per day and am officially only using one storage bag daily, which feels really strange.  I really only pump as much as I do because Baby Boy still wants to nurse on the weekends and I want to be able to provide for him.  So we'll see.  I'm always re-evaluating and trying to decide what's best for my baby.

No comments: