Monday, July 2, 2012

9 weeks

I'm not sure if a lot has changed in the last week or if I've just noticed a lot more! I was making my list before I sat down to write the actual entry and it is a long list this week!

We've noticed a sharp increase in the amount of drool Baby Boy is producing this week, especially when he's focusing on standing up. There also seems to be more when he's stuffy at night, which makes sense. I remember that Baby Girl started drooling somewhere around this time (maybe closer to 3 months?) and I was sure it would be teething. Ha! She didn't cut her first tooth until she was over 9 months old!

In the middle of last week, we could see that Baby Boy was starting to notice his hands. He isn't staring at them like I know a lot of babies do (Baby Girl never did), but he's finding ways to use them, like grabbing his rooster friend. I know he isn't doing it on purpose yet, but he's getting his hands moving and has gotten ahold of the tag a few times.

Also in the last week or two, he has starting laughing. It is AWESOME. His favorite things for me to do are to bounce him on my knee while singing William Tell Overture and to play "where's your tongue?" I stick my tongue out for him and cheer when he sticks his out. And come to think of it, he likes just about any song with the word "doo". Haha! I've been singing "I've Got You Babe", too, which makes him happy.

Baby Boy has also started noticing things that are further away--the TV and the light fixtures are favorites right now. I'm doing my best to keep him from staring at the TV. We don't keep our kids away from TV until the recommended 2 years, but seeing a two month old baby zone out while staring at the TV is a little creepy, if you ask me.

When he lays on his play mat, he's always moving and has started spinning in a circle. He does it by planting his feet and lifting his butt off the ground. I was pretty impressed when I saw him doing that! Now if we can just get him interested in rolling...

Lastly, Baby Boy had his two month checkup last Friday. He weighed a whopping 13 lbs 3 oz (greater than 90th percentile) and was 23 inches long, which is average. His head circumference was around the 75th percentile. In other words, he's growing consistently. The doctor mentioned that he assumes his growth will slow down when he starts to move between 4 and 6 months, which is exactly what happened to Baby Girl, although she went from average to being on the smaller side. And I think he complimented me on the quality of my breast milk :)

No comments: