About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Meal Plan 7/8/12 - 7/14/12

I've been meal planning and cooking since Baby Boy was born but, to be honest, it has been pretty boring, so I haven't posted anything, especially since I'm still dairy-free. This week is a bit more interesting, so I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting. Plus it'll be good to write something other than posts about the baby :)

For starters, we had tilapia tonight. You see, I'm not a fish eater. At all. But I realized recently that I was depriving Baby Girl of a whole type of food because I don't like it. I found tilapia on sale this week and decided to give it a shot. You know what? It wasn't bad. Baby Girl had seconds, so we'll be having it again, even if it wasn't my favorite. I know it is good for me, too.

Also, this week Baby Girl is going to spend three nights with my husband's parents. The Hubby will meet his mom with Baby Girl on Wednesday evening and they'll have dinner. Then my mother-in-law will take her home with her (about an hour and 45 minutes away from home) until we come up to visit with Baby Boy on Saturday. That means that dinner Wednesday will be up in the air for me and then we will be without Baby Girl Thursday and Friday. She eats really well still so we aren't sure what we'll do to take advantage of her being gone, but we'll figure something out.

Sunday: tilapia, corn on the cob, rice
Monday: ribs, corn on the cob
Tuesday: noodles (homemade that my mom made and froze for us) and mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Out for The Hubby and Baby Girl, not sure what I'll do
Thursday: steak salad (planning on steak, lettuce, corn, bell peppers, avocado and green onion)
Friday: Out?
Saturday: at the in-laws' house

No comments: