About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy (Belated) Easter!!!

Okay, so I'm a little behind with the post, but I wanted to say Happy Easter to all those who might happen upon my blog. :)

This Easter we went and visited the ILs, which was a nice trip. However, the entire time, I didn't spend ANY time really thinking about the true meaning of Easter. I honestly want my children to grow up in a church, knowing and focusing on the meaning of the religious holidays. How did I get so far away from my Christianity? I know it started with college--I had a church at home that I loved, but never really clicked with one on campus...and still haven't put forth any effort to find one in Columbus. That really should change. Of course, it's not going to change this coming weekend or probably the next...but DH and I have both always said that we want our children to have a church. Church was a focal point in my growing up, but wasn't for DH and I want to make that a priority when we have kids...which probably means we should start "shopping" for a church pretty soon!

Anyway, my point is that Easter is a very special time in the Christian faith and I want to recognize this day and the beauty that Christ has risen and is now seated at the right hand of God. In His death, our sins are now able to be forgiven and that is the greatest gift that anyone can ever give. Thank you, God, for sacrificing your Son so that my sins can be forgiven.

No comments: