About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

And remember....the scale doesn't lie

(yes, that's a quote from Celebrity Fit Club)

So I gained last night. And I freaked out. I'm withdrawing and I'm emotional and it pisses me off.

I know I'm overreacting, that it happens to lots of people...it's just that weight loss has been so frustrating to me for so freaking long and this just feels like one more setback and I'm tempted to just scrap the whole damn thing. I'm sure I'm overly emotional about it because AF showed today and I always get stupidly emotional around this time of the month, but it's really not entirely it. If it were someone else, I would tell them the same things the ladies told me, but when I try to listen and take those comments in, it just doesn't work. It's just a lifelong struggle for me and my thoughts have always been that I'm big enough that, once I figure out the correct path, the weight *should* just fall off of me. But it doesn't and it never will. I've cursed myself by being athletic and anorexic and everything. And I hate that I'm going to be paying for it forever.

So, basically, I'm still really, really down in the dumps today. I cried and cried last night and DH knew there was nothing he could say or do about it, so he just left me alone. *sigh* And I'm sitting here now stifling the tears as well.

I'm giving WW combined with the running another week to work. If I don't lose more than a pound next week (not asking for anything big!), I'm going to have to change something--either stop working out, since that seems to cause me problems every damn time, or change my eating plan again.

No comments: