About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This is it....(maybe)

Well, I think today is going to be CD 1. Temp dropped 0.8º from yesterday to today and I'm feeling crampy. Of course, that makes this cycle only 27 days....how weird.

So now DH and I have been having a discussion about if we're ready to do this. I've just gotten involved with some friends in trying to lose weight and get healthier. I've made great progress (just check out the ticker on the right!) and things are moving along and I have some great support now! DH wanted to know if I wanted to keep going with the weight loss and put off the TTC. I know I'll just have to lose weight after baby comes anyway, so is there a point to taking time off to keep losing before TTC? I'm not feeling like there really is. I think I'll keep trying to lose weight until we conceive, then focus on making baby healthy. If it takes awhile to conceive (which I assume it will), then all the better for my weight loss! And if not, well, then I'll be pregnant :)

So I guess that means this is really it. This is the cycle. We're going to try to have a baby. Now. Holy shit.

Well, okay, now isn't exactly the right word, I suppose. I mean, we won't even start "trying" for another 10-12 days or so...and then will keep on trying for quite a few days after that, as my chart this month said I ovulated between CD 8 and CD 19. I told DH that and he goes "that's a lot of sex!" Yes, dear, it is.

Still not using OPKs this month. I debated about it, but I'm just going to keep temping and try to estimate--I do want this to be fun, after all. If I can just relax and make it fun....

Of course, I've Oed betweeen CD 17 and CD 23 over the previous 3 months...which would put us trying May 2nd through May 8th. Yeah, guess when we'll be in NYC with my parents....May 3rd through May 7th. lol! At least we have our own room....could bring back a souvenir! lol

Okay, need to stop thinking about this for now or I'm going to have a panic attack.

No comments: