About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My newest mantras

I've been struggling a bit recently which is sort of why I haven't been posting here. I hate to be a complete downer and also don't want to seem ungrateful for the blessings that I have (and I do have many!). So I've been avoiding blogging. I'll be back soon, I promise.

But in the meantime, I wanted to post a couple of things that someone on a message board I'm a part of posted. I've been reading them to myself every morning when I get to work to help get me through a rough day.

St. Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within you.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, an dpass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
- Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: