Monday, July 25, 2011

Meal Plan 7/24-7/30

I have been meal planning this whole time, I swear!  I just haven't been posting, for some reason or another.  And, honestly, I haven't stuck to my meal plan for a couple of weeks.  The first week was because The Hubby had an unexpectedly long recovery period from his wisdom tooth extraction so we were just winging it to make soft foods for him and the second week was...well....it just was. 

But I'm back!  We are putting ourself on a tight budget, though, and cooking with meat from the freezer and trying to make use of ingredients we have around the house.  This means the meals could be completely non-creative or really, really creative.

Sunday:  Sloppy Cubanos (I'd made these before and remembered loving them.  I actually bought the ingredients last week or we wouldn't have been having them, both because of health reasons (who knew ground pork was so unhealthy??!?!) and because of cost)

Monday: Leftover Subs from Baby Girl's birthday party and Summer Squash and Corn Chowder

Tuesday: Black Bean Pizza (going to make pizza crust in the bread machine and hopefully have enough to freeze some)



Wednesday: BBQ Ribs and Summer Squash and Chive Pancakes

Thursday: Grilled Pork Chops and Corn on the Cob

Friday: Will probably eat out for Baby Girl's second birthday.  Either that or we will cook something fun for her (likely pizza or pasta--her favorites). 

Saturday: Will likely eat with my in-laws and my nieces (MIL and FIL are watching my three nieces while BIL and SIL are at a wedding reception and we're planning on taking Baby Girl over there after her nap).



Also, I have been doing my fun things.  I have a post ready to show you all but want to add pictures :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That summer squash chowder looks AMAZING and I want a big bowl of that right now. Look for it on my meal plan next week! YUM!

I can't wait to see all of your fun things. :)

Allison said...

Cassie, we have an abundance of summer squash, so I was looking for a way to use it. Found it on Pinterest. :)