Friday, August 1, 2008

Debbie Downer

I want SO badly to try to not be a Debbie Downer, especially after my celebratory post...but I started spotting today. Which, for my body, means cycle #4 TTC is over. So now I just wait for AF, who should show either Tuesday or Wednesday. And I'm incredibly depressed about this entire thing and have no idea how to get through it. I know it's only been four cycles, so it seems ridiculous to me...so many others make it through SO much more. But I just don't feel that strong right now. Right now I feel like spending the entirety of this weekend on the couch with no distractions, not getting dressed, eating like a pig. But that would really be pathetic. And I'm trying my damnedest not to be pathetic. So I just need to come up with some healthy coping mechanism, besides just being perky and masking my feelings all the time.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. Please know that many others are riding these waves with you, through the ups and downs. We want so badly for you to get that BFP, too.

I am the queen of bad coping mechanisms, so I don't have any advice there, but I hope you start to feel better soon.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I know exactly how you feel. I decided to do something that I couldn't do if we got our BFP. It doesn't have to be anything big-massage or wine tasting. It helps a little bit. HUGS!!

Kristen said...

I sent you a message on the board...there is no cure for what you are feeling. I'm so sorry. Just try to keep looking forward as best you can. That is what has gotten me through over 30 cycles of ttc. I'm here if you need to talk (or go shopping, or on a walk, or whatever!)!

Sarah Dee said...

I am so sorry! I thought for sure that it was your month. I don't know why I felt that way, I just did. Spending a day on the sofa and ignoring everything and not getting dressed is an OK reaction! You're allowed to feel that way and do it. Especially if it makes you feel better.

Jill said...

You just have to let it out sometimes. Believe me, holding it in doesn't make it easier to deal with! It will just come out 10 fold in the next round. You will conquer this! We both will. Just breathe and take it one cycle at a time!