Friday, October 9, 2009

Sleeping Progress!

I didn't want to jinx us by posting yesterday, but at 10 weeks of age, the night of October 7th, DD slept through the night!!!

This was written yesterday (Thursday):

This child never ceases to amaze me!

She napped well yesterday morning, took a restless nap (but still a good length) early afternoon (both on me or grandma), then only took two half hour naps from 2:30 until 8. She wasn't overly cranky, but had her moments.

At 7:30, I looked up baby massage and had DH do a pretty lengthy one (ended up doing it 1 1/2 times since she seemed to really like it). Paused the TV, turned off the lights besides a lamp on dim. We then put her in her sleeper and I read her a book (well, most of one). I then popped in her binky and rocked her to sleep (took about a half an hour, as she fought it for awhile--she fell asleep at 8:30). We sat in the chair until 9:30, to be sure she was in a deep sleep, then DH put her in her crib. She stirred a bit, but went right back to sleep. Next thing I knew, it was 4:00 and she was making noises in her sleep. I laid there waiting for her to wake up and finally fell back asleep. She didn't wake until 5:00!

I also gave her gas drops at 4 p.m. and then at her 6:30 p.m. feeding. Not sure if they helped, but we're going to keep trying. I forgot to give them to her at her 5 a.m. feeding, though.

She was up for a bit after eating (had one big spit-up--might have been b/c I was so engorged that she got the milk fairly forcefully), but generally fell back asleep pretty easily. She's been sleeping since then and still is at 9:30 (edited to add: she woke up at 9:45).

I hope this is the start of something good...and that she isn't getting sick. I'm also hoping that I can replicate this with her snoozing in the swing some. I don't think I can really have her napping on me all day long. Even if it just happens once for now, I know it CAN happen!

-----
Yesterday I tried to replicate the day and did so fairly well (and she did do some snoozing in the swing). We did a bath after her last short evening nap (maybe this is going to be her normal?), then moved onto a massage (she didn't like it for too long), then rocking with a pacifier. She pooped after 15 minutes of soothing (started at 9:20), which meant we needed to start over again. She fell into a good sleep around 10. At 11, DH put her down and she slept until 5:15. Yay for over 7 hours of sleep!!!

I hope this is the beginning of something good. I also hope we can vary the day a bit and still get the same results...we'll find out this weekend, as I think we may be taking a trip out of town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what STTN meant on our board! Way to go kiddo!