Thursday, March 15, 2012

32 & 33 Weeks

How am I feeling? 32 Weeks--pretty good.  33 Weeks--pretty humongous and uncomfortable.  Sleeping is bad more than it's good.  Reflux has generally been under control and can be tamed with some Tums if necessary.  I'm moving more and more slowly now.  I'm also having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, especially when I have a full bladder and try to walk somewhere.

Weight thoughts: Nothing particularly interesting.  Gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks, which is fine.  I haven't done a check at home since my appointment 3/6.


Doctor appointments?  We had an appointment on March 6th and it was really good.  The best news?  Baby Boy is head down.  Woo!  She said she thinks we're in a good position to go for the VBAC.  Which makes me....anxious.  Do we need to go through birthing class again?  A scheduled C-section, while risky, is at least familiar to me. I feel like I should be more excited that he is head down, but find myself reeling with anxiety.

Everything else from the appointment was good--good fundal length, good weight gain, great blood pressure (I'm amazed that my blood pressure is always quite a bit lower when I'm pregnant).  Next appointment is this coming Tuesday the 20th.

Movement?  I thought by now I would be feeling a decrease in movement, but I'm not.  I'm pretty sure I can still tell that he's head down because of where I'm feeling kicks and hits.  Worst (best?) of all, I can feel pressure pretty low, which makes me waddle.


Baby preparation? Baby Boy's nursery is done, I think.  We ordered the glider and bedding the weekend of the 3rd and were able to get it all the following week.  We cleaned out a lot of gear.  The only thing up there that we'd like to do is clean out the bottom drawer of his dresser, which is full of summer 2T clothes for Baby Girl that I was hoping would fit this summer.  I'll try to get a picture soon and post it.  It's not horribly exciting and I'd like to do something more personalized, but I'm not sure what.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Yay, I can't wait to see pictures of his nursery!

And good for you for going for a VBAC. It wasn't an option for me the second time because of my BP issues, but even if it was, I don't think I would've done it. I think it's awesome that you are!! Yay for baby boy being head down and ready to go. Not long now!

The Stoycheffs said...

Yay for head down and nursery done. As for the Nerves about giving birth, just know that the docs and nurses have all done it before and will guide you through. Bring things that calm and comfort you (music for me). No two births are the same even if you've done it before ;0)