Going to do this post in a list format because that's all my brain can handle right now :)
Went to the doctor for his one month appointment:
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz (90th percentile--Baby Girl was 9 lbs 0 oz)
Length: 22 inches (60th percentile--Baby Girl was 21 inches)
Head circumference: 39 cm (75th percentile--Baby Girl was 38 cm)
Got the second in the Hepatitis B series and we didn't notice any reaction.
- Soothed by shushing, spending time outside, swaying, walking, and patting
- Gets very angry and doesn't sleep well when overtired. Many times needs to be nursed to sleep
- Doesn't sleep more than 30 minutes in the swing, if at all
- Eating every two hours from the middle of the night (2 or 2:30) until early evening (8:00ish). We typically get a three hour stretch from 8 to 11 and then 11 to 2. Some days I get a long nap during the afternoon.
- Gassiness seems to be quite a bit better, but we've been noticing some really angry cries over the last day or so and aren't sure if something else has upset his tummy or if it's just normal baby fussiness
- Doesn't like the bouncy seat
- Has quite a bit of baby acne on his face and upper chest
- Wearing 0-3 mo size clothes and may need to move to 3-6 mo in Gerber brand onesies, which are known for being small.
- Doesn't seem to be losing too much hair yet
- Prefers to sleep on his side and will only sleep on tummy if already sleeping
- Grunts for a couple hours at a time until he poops or passes gas toward the end of the night
- Still has the startle and falling reflexes, but I can tell they're starting to go away
- Can purposefully put his hands into his mouth and slurps on them to soothe himself
- Definitely smiling in response to our faces and voices. He smiles with his entire body and makes a crappy day way better
- When he sneezes, he emits a little sigh that makes him sound satisfied and makes me smile every time
Grilled Potato Packets
16 hours ago