Thursday, March 17, 2011

Donald's Duck Farm

Baby Girl has a newfound love for Old MacDonald.  It's on a CD that we listen to in the car and she has really started to understand the format (insert animal name, then insert animal sounds).  Yesterday we were on the way home and she said, "Donald?"  I asked if she wanted to sing Old MacDonald and she said "yeah".  So I started singing: 

             Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o
             And on his farm he had a....

             DUCK!

             e-i-e-i-o
             With a....
             [insert demented duck sound here...if you've ever heard her quack, you know what I mean]

We finished the verse and began the next:

             Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o
             And on his farm he had a....

             DUCK!!!

(seriously?  Okay, we'll do duck again....)

We finished the verse and began again.  And again she wanted to sing about the duck.  I suggested maybe we sing about a cow and she cried.  The Hubby suggested a sheep.  Then a pig.  Then a giraffe.  Then a horse.  More tears each time. 

So we sang about Old MacDonald and his ducks for about 15 minutes (which is a long time to sing the same song over and over, especially when it's only so long). 

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Aww, that's cute, but I understand the cuteness is lost a little when you live it. Kinda like how DS wanted to do Itsy Bitsy Spider seven times in the bath tonight.

Cassie said...

That's really sweet (although I'm sure it was tiresome after a while).

I have to say I wish she would have relented to the giraffe. I'd love to hear what kind of sounds THEY make! :)

Allison said...

I hope I didn't come off as too exasperated--it was adorable! Yeah, it was tiring after awhile, but she was really devoted to singing about those ducks. Cute :)

And yes, Cassie...I wanted to know what sound a giraffe makes, too!