Monday, March 7, 2011

Meal Plan: 3/6-3/12

One week down of "the plan" I referenced in this post (currently writing the post about this and will post it in the next day or so) and we've realized that we desperately need to start using the crockpot more often.  So this week we're doing almost all of our meals in the slow cooker!



Sunday: Chipotle (using the BOGO coupons to treat my parents to dinner as well)

Monday: This Chicken Pot Pie using Philadelphia Cooking Creme (Savory Garlic flavor) & leftover shredded chicken from Friday

Tuesday: Pulled Pork Tacos

Wednesday: Chicken and Dumplings Soup

Thursday: Tamale Pie

Friday: Chicken with Vegetables  (basically cabbage, tomatoes, and chicken) from my Fit It and Forget It 5 Ingredient cookbook

Saturday: Quesadillas made with leftover pulled pork

3 comments:

Cassie said...

It all sounds delicious! I've been wanting to try that Philadelphia cooking creme for a while...You know how I love my cream cheese! :)

Momma said...

Let me know what you think of the cooking creme. What size crock pot do you have? I think we need a smaller one, we have a huge one and I read an article about using different sizes for different recipes.

Allison said...

Loved the cooking creme! The Hubby put a bit more chicken in the pot pie than was on the recipe, so we couldn't taste it quite as much, but it was good and easy :)

I have a 6 or 7 qt, which is huge, but it has a timer. I'm thinking about investing in a 4 qt with a timer for more of my meals (as recommended by Stephanie from A Year of Crockpotting).