Thursday, April 26, 2012

Eviction

I've been making a major effort to evict this little man.  I think I've walked at least a mile every day for the past week and a half or so, the longest being on Saturday night when I walked with a friend for 2 miles around a track at the YMCA and then another 1+ miles at the mall.  Last night I walked 1.65 miles around my neighborhood and just now I walked 1.75 miles close to work.  


Last night's walking might have done some good, actually.  Around 9:00 I started having regular contractions every 5 minutes or so that were starting to get painful, so The Hubby and I decided to go to bed around 9:45 in case it was going to be a long night.  We decided to try another eviction strategy (basically doing what got Boomer in there in the first place, ifyouknowwhatImean), which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  My contractions had already gotten fairly painful before then and continued to be 5 minutes apart and slightly painful for most of the rest of the night.  I fell asleep around 11, then was awake 12:30-2, 2:30-3:30, and 4-4:30 timing contractions. After falling back asleep at 4:30, I woke around 6:00 to find that my contractions had pretty much stopped.  Ugh.  How frustrating.  All throughout the night I'd been telling myself that I just needed to make it to morning and then we could take Baby Girl to the sitter and we could go to the hospital, but that obviously didn't need to happen.  


I've been in a funk all day, frustrated that nothing really happened last night.  I've been losing mucus plug since Tuesday's doctor appointment and have definitely been having some contractions, but nothing measurable since early this morning.  


We go back to the doctor tomorrow morning and I'll be interested to hear what she has to say.  I'm hoping she'll have something positive to say, but I honestly don't know.  It doesn't feel like Boomer has dropped any more or is engaged and I fear that's because of his big head.  *Something* has changed in there, though, because the pain I've been feeling has shifted and is on both sides of my pelvis instead of focused on the left side.  That's got to be something, right?  I'm guessing she'll sweep my membranes again and we'll hope that it does something.  I have VERY little hope that anything is going to happen overnight tonight, though.


Stay tuned, as everyone else is...

1 comment:

D said...

Aww, I'm hoping, wishing and praying that Boomer is an outside baby soon! Hang in there, Mama.