Sunday, April 8, 2012

Meal Plan 4/8/12 - 4/14/12

I officially turned 37 weeks yesterday--full term!  I will have a pregnancy update tomorrow after our doctor appointment.  For now, though, you get our weekly meal plan.

This week is going to be fairly busy.  Tomorrow we have a doctor appointment at 3:30, so we might be running a little late getting home that day (I anticipate the doctor will be running late and we usually leave work around 4:30).  Wednesday night our realtor is coming to the house to talk about changes we need to make to be able to put our house on the market.  Thursday night a friend and I are taking a cupcake decorating class as part of my Christmas gift to her.

Sunday--Ham & Cheese Braid (based on a suggestion here)  We'll be celebrating Easter with my parents next weekend, so I'm going to leave the major cooking for then.  I might make up a cheesy potato casserole to go with the braid.

Monday--English Muffin Pizzas with Salad and frozen veggie  I've been wanting to do this for awhile, as I'm sure Baby Girl would love to make her own pizza.  I couldn't figure out any sides that would go with it, so we'll just be having lots of veggies.

Tuesday--Not So Dirty Dirty Rice  A carryover from last week that we didn't get around to making

Wednesday--Cayenne/Avocado Chicken  We made this a week or two ago for cooking club and when I saw avocados on sale and The Hubby mentioned wanting to grill on Wednesday, I immediately thought of this.

Thursday--Pulled Pork Sandwiches with mashed potatoes  I saw pork loin on sale at the grocery store and thought that would be good for a night we needed a crockpot meal.  It was between this and pulled pork tacos and the BBQ won out this week.  I'm going to buy those frozen mashed potatoes to speed up the meal.

Friday--Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pasta Roni and cornbread 

Saturday--"Easter dinner" or just eating out with my parents

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Full term!!! Woohoo! It definitely sounds like a busy week. Hope everything goes well at the doctor today!

I love making English muffin pizzas with the boys. It's a favorite weekend lunch for them. They like customizing their own. :)