Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back from the doctor

Everything went well! She answered all of my questions, took a look at baby, and did a pap (joy...). The heartbeat was 170 (according to old wives' tales, that's in the girl range, but I'm guessing it's wrong!!!). The baby was measuring right on at 9w2d and they put my due date at August 3, 2009. What an amazing experience to hear and see that little heart just pumping away and to know that the baby is in there!

They did do a urine HPT and that made me the teeniest bit nervous! It still came up as pregnant, so that made me feel better :) Then we moved onto the u/s and everything.

During the appt, I asked if thyroid levels were a typical blood test they did (my maternal grandma lost 2 babies b/c of thyroid problems). The doctor said no, but that there's a study that I could participate in to have it checked. I enrolled in the study (took about 3 minutes), got a $10 Target GC, and when I went down for other blood work and they just took an extra vial of blood--no problem! It was all very easy and this way, if my thyroid levels are off, I'll know and we can think about treatment.

Such a relief! Now we just need to make it through the next few weeks and we can breathe even easier :)

5 comments:

Manday said...

How exciting :) Hopefully seeing the heartbeat helped to ease some of your worries at least. I hope the thyroid tests comes back clear.

Cassie said...

All good news, it sounds like! So exciting. And FYI, I think I had my first ultrasound at 9w5d, and my son's heartbeat was 185! And he's all boy! So yes, I don't put too much stock in old wives' tales :)

Kristen said...

Such a wonderful start! :-)

Jill said...

Wow! What great news Allison! I'm so happy that everything is going well!!!

Whatever you end up having I know that it will be overjoyed with love!

Start the count down for 8.03.09!!!!

Natalie said...

I am very happy and excited for you.