Thursday, December 11, 2008

The BFP story

I know when I was TTC I always wanted to hear about the symptoms that people with BFPs experienced, so I thought I would post about what led up to my getting a BFP.
As you all know, I typically start spotting at 9 or maybe 10 DPO. As I posted on 11/19 (8 DPO), I felt just like I always did at 8 DPO--starting to get a little crampy and feeling a little blah.
5DPO--bbs started hurting (normally started at O and ended around 5DPO)
8DPO--light cramping, like normal, bbs still hurt off and on
9DPO--very light spotting like normal, was convinced cycle was over, bbs still a little painful
10DPO--spotting tapered off, some creamy CM, a couple of twinges in my bbs
11DPO--forced myself to go pee as soon as I got up so I wouldn't test, no spotting. Told myself that if there was no spotting when I went to pee again (around 2 p.m.) I would test. No spotting, so I POAS and got a pretty decent line.



I watched the urine wick over the stick and saw no line and wanted to cry. I got done and started to leave the bathroom when I thought I actually did see a line. I yelled downstairs to DH (who was entertaining guests during halftime of the OSU/M*ch*g*n game), "honey, would you please come help me look for something?" He came upstairs.

"What do you see?"
"Ummm...a line. "
"How many lines?"
"Two. What does that mean?"
"What do you think that means!??!"
"I don't believe you."
So then I POAnotherS.

And then he understood. And we cried. And hugged. And then we hid our excitement because we weren't ready to share our good news.

The first week or so (at least!) I didn't have any symptoms besides slightly sorer bbs and quite a bit of creamy CM.

Before I hit 6 weeks, I'd had a couple of waves of nausea, but nothing too huge (except on Saturday the 6th--that morning was rough). I was exhausted, though. *yawn* I can't stay awake past 8:30 or 9 most nights. And now...the "morning" sickness has hit me. I'm bloated (I think...I tried to ignore the state of my belly before). And I'm starting to believe I really am pregnant.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Aww!! Yay!!! And how mad are your friends that you found out while they were there and hid it? :) I had the same thing happen...not think there was a line and then did a digi and there it was!

Manday said...

Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that the cycle you think is shot, that you are convinced is annovulatory, your not even sure you O'd, turns out to be when you get pregnant? I feel like I hear about this sort of thing happening all the time with people who are TTC for a long time, they always get pregnant when they least expect it.

Anyways, I am so excited for you!! I would have died, I couldn't have gone back downstairs to hang out with friends after that news... I would be bouncing off the walls!

Erin said...

so, so, so awesome!!! I can not tell you how happy I am for you... your BFP story made me cry.