Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reassurance

I'm surrounded by people who love me and have given me a lot of reassurance. You, my blog readers, responded nicely to my spastic post, my friends on a message board I belong to reassured me that everything I was feeling was completely normal. I love you all and appreciate it all more than words can say.

Then, last night the DH said the sweetest thing to me. To paraphrase:

It doesn't matter which direction the baby is turned. It doesn't matter
what your belly looks like. It doesn't matter if you're able to
breastfeed. As long as this baby is healthy, we're going to be just
fine. And you're meant to be a mommy. You're just wired that
way. As soon as that baby comes, all those instincts will kick in.
But I'll be here to give you the support you need, whether it's helping you keep
trying to breastfeed and reminding you why it's important or giving you the
strength to quit when it gets to be too hard. I'll be there to hold your
boob [his word, not mine] in the middle of the night while you're feeding or
I'll be there to just stroke your hair and tell you that you're doing just fine.

I love that man.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Awww! What a sweetie you have! I have to admit, I did LOL at the holding the boob part. That's so something my DH would offer pretty much any time of day, whether I wanted him to or not.

Simi said...

:) Awww i'm so glad Chris is right there with you through all this.

Unknown said...

He's a good man... and he's so right in everything he said to you! hugs!

Andrea said...

Just when you thought you had lost your mind, chris comes in and saves the day.

Ya!!