Monday, October 4, 2010

The curse of being DEWK (dual employed with kids)

Step 1: Mommy and Daddy both have to work so everyone isn't living in a box on the street
Step 2: No family lives close enough to be available to watch Child on a regular basis
Step 3: Child has to go to a sitter
Step 4: Other children at the sitter bring sickness
Step 5: Child has a cold at least once a month
Step 6: Mommy and Daddy have a cold at least once a month
Step 7: Mommy and Daddy can't call off work because they are sick too much
Step 8: Both Mommy and Daddy have diminshed immune systems because they cannot take care of themselves when they are sick

Return to Step 1 and start all over again...

2 comments:

Cassie said...

YUCK. And boy, do I ever know what you mean. I have the worst chest cold right now which is resulting in some really disgusting coughing, and the cause? Petri dish #1: Andrew. I'm all about him sharing, but he could have kept this nastiness to himself.

I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. And my girlfriend has three kids and both her and her husband work. I don't know how they do it!