Monday, October 18, 2010

Surprises

This post was started 9/15/09 when Baby Girl was about 6 weeks old--I wanted to go ahead and publish it just to remember it :)
-----

Motherhood has come with many surprises (more and more every day). They may not be the same for everyone, but these are things I've discovered:


1) Showering is a much bigger priority than ever before (if I didn't shower on the weekends, I was perfectly happy).


2) Motherhood didn't come naturally. I have wanted to be a mom for my entire life. I've always thought of myself as being nurturing and thought that motherhood would be completely natural for me. That's completely untrue, though. I feel like I don't have a maternal instinct at all. I question every decision I make and don't even have much of a gut feeling about most things.


3) Nursing isn't nearly as convenient as you'd think. You would think that since the food is always with you, you could feed the baby anywhere and


4) How much I would eat

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I love this :) I think it's so interesting that you thought motherhood didn't come naturally because I, who never was very maternal, thought it came a lot more naturally than I ever thought it would!