Wednesday, September 3, 2008

She's heeeerrrre.

Well la di freakin' da. She's here. Onto cycle #6. Stupid bitch.

I realized today how many things I imagined would happen while I was pregnant. I thought I'd be pregnant for football season (not a big drinker, so that doesn't matter much to me). I thought I'd be pregnant by my birthday (we'll find out the results of cycle #6 two days before my birthday). I thought I'd be noticeably pregnant by the holidays. I thought I'd be pregnant by bowl season (if we were to go to a bowl I would have to think about travelling while pregnant).

So now I'm looking forward to some of the things on my calendar and not really thinking about whether I'll be pregnant by then. Next weekend we're going to Cleveland for a house-warming party and to watch the USC game (yes, next weekend...CD 10-12...there's something oh so romantic about conceiving your child on an air mattress on the floor of a friend's guest bedroom). I have book club on September 23rd. My birthday is October 3rd. I'm hosting a Tupperware party on October 16th. We're going to an away football game in November. Then the holidays...I have a hard time imagining getting through those not pregnant.

So I guess cycle #6 is just going to have to work. Going to take my B6 vitamin now.

Oh, and I need to come up with a good post for my next one since it's post #100!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm sorry the beotch showed, but I am SOOOO happy you have MANY things to keep you busy and focused on happier things. You are doing a GREAT job...hang in there (I know...easier said then done)!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Hang in there. It will happen.

Jill said...

Keep your head up!

Remember that most have trouble. It's something like 30% of people over 25 has issues becoming pregnant.

Be happy that you are on your 6th cycle and not your 24th.

Allison said...

I am very happy that I'm on cycle #6 instead of #24...and I try to say that periodically because I definitely recognize there are people out there having a MUCH harder time than we are. But it just doesn't make that day each month when you really know the cycle failed any easier.

And like I said, I'm trying my best to stay positive and focused on other things...just hard on the day AF shows.

Natalie said...

I'm sorry AF showed up. Hang in there. ((hugs))