Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Answering Simi's Question

I love that Simi's question wasn't baby related. I love talking about baby girl...but am so glad to talk about something else for a few minutes!!! Simi asked:

If you could pick any city to live in in the US where would you live? And Why?

This is actually a REALLY hard question for me to answer! The most important thing in my life is my family. Yes, they bug me sometimes and there are days that I wish I were further away, but I love knowing that my parents can easily make a day trip here and could be here in 45 mintues if necessary. So I wouldn't want to live much further from them. We're also almost halfway between our parents' houses (we're about 1 1/2 hours from the ILs and an hour from my parents), so really, Columbus might be ideal as far as that goes.

I do want to live in a different part of Columbus, though. I want good schools for baby girl and any future children we have. Of course, with both of us working in the public sector, we don't make a ton of money. If I had all the money in the world, I'd probably live in Grandview or Upper Arlington--they are closer to work, have great schools, and have a sense of community. However, to get a house the size and quality that we'd want, we would need to make probably double what we do now. So I think next time we look for a house (within the next 3 years), we'll be looking in either Hilliard or possibly out toward the country (either up toward Plain City, out by West Jefferson, or down on the south side). In the country we'd be further from work, but both DH and I miss living in a small-ish community.

So for us our priorities are all about the family, schools, and home size. I don't think I can see us being happy with a 2 bedroom house, especially if we end up with three kids.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Come on up a little north to Sunbury! Only a half a mile from the city, but it feels like a world away. Plus then we could have play dates with our little ones on the weekends. ;)

Cassie said...

Half a mile -- HA! Make that HALF AN HOUR. Sorry. New mom brain at work.

Simi said...

lol... me, not baby related? WHAT? hehe... :)I've been a bad reader in general latley of blogs... but seeing my name in the title helps :p

Anonymous said...

You can come out my way. :-) We'd love to have you! And Mandy isn't far from me. :-)