Monday, February 23, 2009

Every pregnancy is different

I read all sorts of pregnancy books when I found out we were pregnant, but after a few, I realized they would all tell me the same thing. They all give a range of symptoms that you *could* have, but no one was going to be able to tell me how I would feel.

Of course, now that I say that, it makes perfect sense. But I really wanted someone to say, "We can guarantee that you will experience this between # and ## weeks" or whatever. Didn't happen.

I am the first to say that I've had a remarkably easy pregnancy. The nausea I did have never resulted in vomiting, which I am eternally grateful for. If the worst symptoms I've experienced up until now are extreme (and yes, I mean EXTREME) gas and exhaustion...I'm doing great. DH may disagree, but he's not the one growing a baby, now is he???

Here I am in the 2nd trimester and I'm feeling pretty darn good. I'm realizing that I need to get more active, as my legs have been really tight and sore just from sitting on the floor for a few hours, but other than that, I'm feeling fine. I do have some nausea after dinner, so I'm starting to think I'm eating a bit too much for dinner, which makes me sad. I like eating a lot for dinner so I don't wake up starving! I've also got a bit of acid, but a couple of Tums seems to be helping that a lot. I'm still able to sleep without waking to pee 6 of 7 nights a week (knock on wood). Heck, I've even felt the baby move once (nope, haven't felt it again, but trying not to get discouraged...definitely not worried, just a little sad!).

Yes, it's been a good pregnancy so far. That's not to say that anyone else's won't be better or worse than mine or that even my next pregnancy (God willing) won't be better or worse! That's the beauty of our bodies...you never know what you're going to get!

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm still doing having a hard time with this whole waiting thing. I can't wait to find out what we're having (4 weeks from today!), I can't wait to feel the baby move more frequently...I feel like I'm always looking forward. So the purpose of this entry is to try to enjoy the moment I'm in now.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Where has the time gone? I can't believe you are getting so far along already! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I'm just so happy for you!

Manday said...

Glad to hear the pregnancy is going smoothly for you!