Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Small Things

I could write the same small things every day and am beginning to feel like I'm getting boring :) So I'm going to try to do at least one post about the small things in my life a week.

1) My mom. I talked to her on the phone last night for an hour. I could tell she didn't want to go. She loves to hear about the pregnancy and asks so many questions. I love knowing I have her support and hearing about her pregnancy and knowing how much she's going to love this baby.

2) My DH. He is adorable! Last night he pulled out the paint book (comes with having a FIL who paints houses for a living) and started thinking about colors for the nursery. Of course we don't even know what sort of theme we'll go with (we're looking at different things, depending on whether it's a boy or a girl), but he has decided we should go with a lighter yellow than is on the walls now and showed me his favorites. He's so cute!

3) Food cravings. Yes, they can be annoying, but right now they aren't urgent and don't require me to either leave the house in my jammies or make DH go somewhere. For now I just find myself wanting all sorts of odd foods at any given time. It keeps things interesting ;) For instance, this week I've mostly been craving Arby's curly fries and Chipotle (I think this kid is going to come out Mexican...lol). But this morning, within about a minute, I craved a soft pretzel (the good kinds that are ginormous and you get at the concession stand), spinach & artichoke dip (was given this recipe by my friend at Get Up Eight), and Cheddar Bay biscuits from Red Lobster. We're doing leftovers for dinner tonight, but I know I want to do something extra...I could get a pretzel from Sam's Club (not the same, but still good), or make either of the other two...or even just get Spinach & Artichoke Dip from Applebee's. Anybody know if I can get half-price appetizer for takeout?

4) A quiet night at home. I feel bad for bailing on a Happy Hour for tonight, but I'm just exhausted and am going out tomorrow night for my mom's birthday and also babysitting on Saturday...just can't imagine being out two nights in a row! lol How sad is that?

5) Getting to babysit the niece on Saturday! She's at a really fun age--she's 22 months tomorrow--and is at the point where she remembers DH and me, so she's happy to play with us. The babysitting will be while she's sleeping, but we'll go over early and hang out with her and her parents before they go out.

So there you go, a two-fer. I've told you about what's going on in my life and acknowledged some great things that I'm grateful for!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammer said...

Ha! I roused the pregnant women with a food reference, too awesome. (And they are building one RIGHT BY MY HOUSE - no more driving clear across town to satisfy a craving!)