Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small Things

This small things entry is one "small" thing that made me happy all night last night.



We had a horrible storm yesterday early evening, but once it was over, the sun came out brighter than I've seen it in MONTHS. When I looked out my back door, this is what I saw. A full double rainbow. Rainbows are really hard to capture on camera, so you can't see how far the second one goes, but I can assure you, I could see both rainbows all the way across the sky. The bottom one we could see each color individually. I haven't seen anything so beautiful in a very long time.
And it gave me hope. Hope for my future and the futures of all of you. There are good things to come. We will emerge from this winter and things will be better on the other side.

3 comments:

jannypie said...

i love those shots

Erin said...

it was such a beautiful moment... those rainbows were so bright. How cool that you caught them on film!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures!!! :)