Monday, February 16, 2009

Well hello there!

I went shopping yesterday at Destination Maternity and Tar.get with a fellow pregger, Get Up Eight and had a great time! She's 3 weeks and 1 day ahead of me and not feeling like she looks pregnant yet (although I beg to differ!!!) and I've been feeling the same way recently. So we went looking for maternity clothes to make us feel more pregnant. :)

On my way home, I called my mom to chat and was sitting in the car in the garage finishing up the conversation when I felt something very strange down on the left side of the front of my abdomen. It felt a bit like a muscle spasm. You know how your eye feels when you get a twitch in your eyelid? Sort of like that. It was fairly light, but I definitely felt it. It only lasted 5 seconds or less and I thought, "Wow, that could have been baby...but most people always describe it as being a fluttering feeling and others say it made them feel nauseous. This was definitely strong enough that I didn't feel nauseous from it." So I finished up my phone call and headed inside.

DH met me inside and asked about my day. We chatted for a couple of minutes and then I told him about what I might or might not have just felt. As I finished explaining it, it happened again, only for a bit longer (maybe more like 10 seconds?). I didn't want to move, in hopes that it would happen again!

So, even though I'm not totally sure that's what it was, I'm going to pretend that I felt the baby move last night! I know it may not happen for awhile again, but I hope it does! Hopefully if I feel it again I can confirm if that's truly what it was. But either way, it makes things feel all the more real!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, that's great! :)

Julie D said...

I think that little guy (yes, I think it's a boy) was saying hi to Daddy!