Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In a funk

I realized after a couple of hours that I sounded like a total Debbie Downer in my last post. I sounded completely unappreciative of the fact that I'm pregnant. And I don't want that...it's not true at all.

I've been in a funk recently. I haven't had any interest in getting up and going to work, so work has just dragged on and on every single day. By the time I get home, I'm exhausted from the mental and emotional drain the day puts on me, so I typically don't even make an effort to do anything more than have dinner and watch some TV with the husband. The weekends are a bit of a pick-me-up and I've enjoyed them, but then once Monday hits again...the vicious cycle starts again.

I truly believe that I have the best job for me right now. It may not sound like that, but I do enjoy what I do most days. I feel like I'm using my abilites and intelligence. The benefits here are awesome and the pay isn't horrible (there are very few people who *can't* complain about pay). Do I feel particularly appreciated? Not necessarily. Do I have fun at work? Nah, not most of the time. I've always felt like a job is a job and then I can do the things I really enjoy when the job is done. Unfortunately, I'm so tired by the time the day is over, I have no energy for socializing, reading, playing piano, scrapbooking, cross-stitching, knitting, exercising, cooking (more than what I HAVE to do...) or shopping.

I guess this is the real reason for my funk and I need to figure out how to get out of it. Maybe I'll go home tonight and work on a crafty project. We'll see what that does. Of course, maybe I'll just go home, cook dinner, curl up under my blanket on the couch, and zone out in front of the TV tonight. I do love American Idol and The Biggest Loser.

1 comment:

Liz said...

It'll get better..promise. It's the hormones talking. It took awhile for me to be able to WANT to do anything. I found it helped if I could schedule things and had DH keep me on track. (((hugs)))