Monday, March 9, 2009

Movement?

Over the last 3 1/2 days, I've been feeling lots of movement going on at the center of my stomach. For the first day or so, I was pretty sure it was just movement. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's baby... I first felt baby moving 3 weeks and 1 day ago, so I've been hoping to feel it again very soon. This feels completely different than what I felt then, though. The first time it felt like real kicks, like someone tapping on me from the inside. Now it really does just feel like my stomach digesting. It's been in basically the same spot for the last few days--right in the middle--whereas the first one was way over to the right. The last few days it's also happened probably 20 times a day, but the first time it just happened twice within a 5 minute span or so.

I'm hoping it's baby squirming around in there, but it just feels too frequent for me to be able to believe that that's what it is! If it keeps happening, though, I think I'll have a hard time writing it off as digestion.

(this isn't the post I referenced in my "Small Things" post--that's to come sometime soon...)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, very cool! I hope it's movement!

I think it's so fascinating to see how different it is for each person. Mine is no way near the center of my stomach. It's really low, like right behind what a bikini bottom covers.

But I'm with you -- I can't imagine something so consistent is just digestion. I'm so excited for you!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Awe how great! I hope that it is baby and not the effects of fried pickles and Chipotle :0)

Anonymous said...

Aw ya! I hope it's the little one squirming around!

Unknown said...

Hope it's baby being squirmy!!! :)