Thursday, March 12, 2009

What if I hate my own child?

Totally irrational pregnant worry for the day--what if I hate/dislike my own child?

I love kids. I really, really do. But some kids' personalities just totally irk me and make me want to smack them upside the head. And I find it's mostly little boys between the ages of 5 and 10. Is that evil of me to say/think? What if my child (who we all know is going to be a boy...teehee) ends up being one of those kids and I'm truly annoyed by and dislike my own kid????

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Kids of both genders regularly annoy the crap out of me. I can't even say "I love kids." My mom says that's why we have a few years of adorable babyness in the beginning so we can build up a storage of love and patience for those annoying years.

Mrs. Hammer said...

Not possible. You are going to love him/her so much even when they are little stinkers you'll still be in love with them. :) Stop worrying and get back to finding those soft pretzels...

Julie D said...

Yeah, that's a totally irrational worry.

And if your kid is annoying, the good news is you CAN smack him upside the head. LOL