Sunday, February 12, 2012

Meal Plan 2/12/12 - 2/18/12

This has been a really rough week for us (although we didn't go out to eat once--I'm really proud of us) and this next week will mean a lot of rest and recuperation, hopefully, as the sickness still persists (an update on all of that will come very soon--I started it on the iPad, but didn't like the interface there, so I want to use the actual laptop to type it up).  You'll see that I picked some pretty easy meals--I just don't have the energy to devote to dinners, although I did get motivated and made a loaf of bread from scratch yesterday and hope to make some sugar cookie bars today (I'll share them at work--we're taking some fruit to Baby Girl's sitter for the Valentine's Day party since someone is already bringing cupcakes). :)

Sunday: Tortellini and Garden Vegetable Bake--this is the recipe this week for my cooking club I'm doing.  It's a lot longer preparation than I can typically handle on a weeknight, so I'll make it tonight and then plan on reheating it for lunch Monday and then for another dinner later in the week.

Monday: Slow Cooker German-Style Pork Roast with Sauerkraut and Potatoes--I had half of a pork roast left that I wanted to use in a new way and have some potatoes hanging out with no plan, so this is the recipe I found.  This is another meal that I'm hoping will work for lunch (we always plan on having leftovers for lunches) and and another dinner.

Tuesday: Assuming Baby Girl doesn't get worse or a secondary illness, we'll be going to her second week of swim lessons (we missed the real second week last week).  This means we will be eating out--I hope we'll eat early enough that we don't run into a bunch of people dining out for Valentine's Day.  I have a Groupon that I'd like to use.

Wednesday: Pizza--I had a leftover pizza crust from last week's BBQ Chicken Pizza and already need to buy some mushrooms, so I'd guess it'll be a mushroom pizza.

Thursday: More Tortellini and Garden Vegetable Bake

Friday: Coneys & Tater Tots--I'm lazy and just use canned coney sauce, even though I found a great Skyline copycat recipe I'd like to try someday.  Someday.  Maybe once Baby Boy is at least 6 months old...

Saturday: More pork roast

(We might also, if everyone is feeling fairly healthy, go out for a friend's birthday that was 2/6.  If that happens, any of these meals can easily be deferred to the following week.)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

That tortellini bake sounds fantastic. If you ended up making the sugar cookie bars, I hope you enjoyed them! :)