Sunday, March 28, 2010

Learning

After our visit with my friend last Wednesday, I realized that we all are paranoid about our children and what they're doing. While I'm concerned about baby girl's size (she's sort of small, which is a direct reflection upon my body's ability to feed her), my friend is concerned about her little boy's size because he's a bit bigger. I am conscious of the fact that, until last Wednesday, baby girl wasn't babbling consonants (our doctor asked about them at her 6 month appointment, which led me to believe it should have been happening by then), she's cognizant that her little boy isn't crawling yet (and I'm sure it makes it worse that baby girl is all over the place now--but she was really early at crawling and he's 3 weeks younger, too).

We're all always thinking about where our children *should* be developmentally and where they actually are and worrying about whether it's good enough. It sucks, but it's the truth. And it's good to know I'm not the only neurotic one :)

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

I take offense. (j/k) My neurotic thing is that he doesn't roll yet!


R. put up gates today to make a baby jail for when E. comes over to visit this week.