Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I...

I feel like I've lost sight of who I am, outside of being a mommy.  In an effort to focus on that, I've made the following list.

I...

...am a wife
...am a musician
...am a diehard Buckeye fan
...believe wholeheartedly in balance and fairness
...am too hard on myself
...wear my heart on my sleeve
...have a *touch* of road rage
...swear like a sailor
...am a friend
...like to read
...am a crazy deal-seeker
...love to dance
...am a volunteer
...love to sing
...have crazy allergies
...could sleep 15 hours a night
...love fun socks
...hate the sound of people chewing
...have a weakness for all things sweet-tasting
...love to play board games
...love the smell of the rain
...hate the sound of thunder and the sight of lightning
...act like a kid sometimes
...love to snuggle
...have always tended to act older than I am
...was considered a genius in my previous life
...love math
...love brain teasers
...hate the idea of doggie kisses
...am a cat person
...dislike chocolate ice cream
...am a curvy girl
...could eat food from the grill every night
...love to look at the stars
...was one test away from being a Mensa member
...am a television addict
...love all reality shows
...am a crafter
...have ADD when it comes to crafting
...am an engineer
...am a slob at heart
...have a brain that never stops going and usually focuses on at least 3 things at once
...have an unhealthy relationship with food
...am a clotheshorse
...am a fan of pretty much all sports
...prefer college football to professional
...am anxious
...want to be liked more than anything else
...can be passive, aggressive, or passive-aggressive
...am a Christian (but am really ashamed to admit that this didn't come to my mind earlier...need to work on that)
...am a planner
...hate politics



...have always been and will always be a mommy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you. :-)

And we're so much alike!

Mandy said...

Ditto Danica!

I'm so glad we've become friends! I don't know what I would have done without you to pester with my mommy questions.

Andrea said...

Allison this is great. I agree it becomes all too easy to lose sight of who you really are once your a mom. What a great list!

I feel like I should do the same just to keep my perspective in check.

Cassie said...

I love this. You are amazing!

Emily said...

This is a great post :)