Monday, April 19, 2010

Last Night

Last night was exceptionally bad.  Bad bad bad.

Baby girl went to bed fairly easily at 6:50 (normal bedtime) or so.  She was awake at 9:45, screaming like she was in pain. Well, she sort of was...she had pulled a blanket off the edge of her crib and gotten tangled in it.  Scary for all of us. DH got her back to sleep, though, and pushed all the blankets to the end of her crib.  She woke around 10:15 and he went back up and got her to sleep, removing everything from her crib, just in case.  She was then awake at midnight.  DH went to her and she wouldn't go to sleep for him, so he came and got me.  She passed out on my shoulder before I could even sit in the rocking chair.  So I swayed with her to get her to sleep, then got her into her crib.  Back to bed.  I laid there awake for about 25 minutes when she woke up again...same routine, except she felt a little chilly, so I covered her with a crocheted blanket (less likely to suffocate...I hope). 

She then woke up at 3 (I think?) and the husband went and got her.  He brought her to me and I fed her while laying down and must have fallen asleep.  I jerked awake about 15 or 20 minutes later and she was limp.  I was so scared.  It felt like a minute passed, but I'm sure it was less than a second.  She moved and looked up at me and giggled.  Just sleeping...*sigh*  But, of course now she isn't sleeping.  Now she wants to play.  I tried to get her to lay down, but she was crawling all over our bed.  DH got her and took her back to her crib.  She wasn't interested in sleeping, but wasn't upset, either, so he laid her down awake and left the room.  I knew that blanket was in there and with her being awake, was afraid she was squirming all around the bed, getting tangled.  She had gotten quiet, so around 4 I got up and checked on her--sleeping like an angel, not really even close to the blanket. 

I ended up laying in bed watching some cake-decorating show for awhile and finally passed out.  She didn't make another peep until morning.

Last week was good--she was waking one time per night, eating, going right back to bed.  She even did it Saturday night (she typically sleeps pretty poorly Saturday and Sunday nights b/c she doesn't nap well, but she napped for us this weekend!).  I had a feeling we were over the hump with the sleep issues.  We were completely happy with that one easy waking a night.  But last night....ugh.  That was bad. 

What a looooong night. I still don't know if I can go through this again with another baby someday.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh I am so sorry. And this comes after Will's first night of semi-decent sleep, too. I was hoping baby girl's sleep issues were resolved!

I am living proof that it DOES NOT get any easier the second time around. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, though. And besides, it is still SO incredibly worth it! :)