Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pincher Grasp

Over the last few weeks, baby girl has been practicing her pincher grasp. I must say that she's getting really good at it! She can now proficiently get lint, dirt, small pieces of paper, and chunks of dinner from-who-knows-how-long-ago into her mouth. Oh, and she's also now eating (under our close supervision) Cheerios and chunks of green beans, all without any teeth. She's actually getting really good at picking up things with those two little fingers and getting them into her mouth.

You know how she got so good? Practice, baby. And guess what she's been practicing on? Oh yeah. My boob. While she nurses, she lays there and pinches my boob-skin over and over again. I have all these little red marks all over me from where she gets me with those teeny little pinchers. Why don't I stop it? Well, I did. But then I got tired of trying and, well, I looked into the big brown eyes of a baby who wasn't maliciously trying to hurt mommy (right, baby?) and thought, why not let her practice. She's never going to get better any other way. At least that's what I tell myself. It makes the pain a little better.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

This made me laugh out loud! That is priceless. Go, baby girl! Practice that pincer grasp and pinch Mommy's boob-skin! HILARIOUS. (Probably pretty painful, though. Sorry for finding humor in your pain.)

Allison said...

lol I wouldn't have written about it if I didn't find it at least a little funny :)