Friday, April 9, 2010

Poor baby and poor me

Baby girl isn't feeling well.  Last week the brother & sister at the sitter's were out spending the week with their grandparents. The little boy came back with a cold.  Shortly after they returned, baby girl starts to get snotty.  For the first day or so, it seemed like her other two colds--thin, runny snot, but still acting like a happy little lady.  The first full day with the cold, though, she came home from the sitter's with her chest soaked with drool.  I just figured it was because she had to breathe out of her mouth since her nose was stuffy.

After another two days, though, I'm not so sure that's the case.  This drool is like nothing I've ever seen from my baby.  It's constant, pools on the floor as she's on her hands and knees, soaks everything she touches.  She also has been getting extra fussy randomly.  She also woke up at 3:40 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep.  As long as we didn't try to get her to sleep, she was happy to climb on mommy and daddy and drool all over our bed.

This has got to be teeth.  Seriously.  8 1/2 months old with no teeth, all of a sudden drooling like never before, chewing on things (a bit more than normal--she's always chewed a ton)...

I say poor me because, for one, I'm exhausted right now.  More tired than I've been in a long time.  I think my body is trying to fight off her cold and it's pretty difficult to do when you've been awake since before 4 a.m.

For another, my ILs are going to spend the night with us, at least tonight, and possibly tomorrow night.  This wouldn't be an issue if our house were in any way presentable.  With all the hours the hubby has been working, I've just been doing the bare minimum, just enough to be sure the kid doesn't ingest anything and we have enough dishes to cook on (when we cook).  So that means that as soon as we eat dinner (yes, it's 7:45 p.m. and we haven't eaten dinner) we'll need to at least make the basement useable so they can get to their bed.

Speaking of all the hours the hubby as been working....this is the real "poor me" reason....he's working all day tomorrow.  Like 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. all day long.  And because I still think baby girl has some sort of cold, I don't want to take her out and expose others (most importantly, not our nieces that should be born sometime tonight (edited to add: our nieces that were JUST born!)) to her possible sickness.  So I'm stuck in the house with a possibly sick, possibly teething baby all by myself.


Mandy said...

Oh no, that stinks all around! I don't know if I hope it's teeth or hope it's not? How about I hope it's teeth and also that the snotty part goes away soon?

PJ said...

I hope it gets better all around!

Thanks for delurking. :)

I just found out the diapers are Pampers! And we can get up to size 3. Yay!

BTW, my husband's family all OSU fans/alum. :)

Amy said...

Yuck! If you need some company this week give me a call. Nothing worse than hanging out with a sick baby by yourself.

Colleen said...

Oh no... big hugs to everyone! ;)

Cassie said...

Aw man, that's rough. I hope the weekend went ok for everyone and that you didn't get baby girl's cold. I hope you update letting us know that a tooth popped through!