Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meal Plan 4/4-4/10

Sunday: boneless chicken wings and mac & cheese
Monday: Manwich (made with ground turkey and served on those thin buns) with cheesy veggies, tater tots, and a whole wheat roll
Tuesday: turkey burgers (again served on the thin buns--I got a deal at the Pepperidge Farm Outlet even though I already had some) and sweet potato fries
Wednesday: shepherd's pie
Thursday: something chicken-y
Friday: not sure (hubby is working late, plus we're expecting the arrival of ILs because we'll be aunt & uncle two times over this weekend)
Saturday: no clue--hubby is working all day and we'll be hosting the ILs because of the birth of our nieces

Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary this week. We needed to eat out of the cupboards (I rearranged them this weekend, so I became very aware of what was in there!), so these were the simple things I came up with. Made a quick run the grocery last night to pick up some produce (trying new veggies--got an artichoke and an eggplant!) & dairy and walked out of there spending $40. Ugh. You know why? Sale Easter candy. It wasn't even *that* cheap, but all of a sudden, those Hershey Kisses, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Starburst Jelly Beans sounded SO good!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

For me it's the Reese's peanut butter eggs. They are my ultimate weekness. I can't get enough of them and can't figure out why they taste SO MUCH BETTER than regular peanut butter cups. I have to go to the store tonight, and I'm going to try hard to resist the clearance candy! (Spoiler alert: I will fail.)

Mandy said...

Wow, an actual raw artichoke? Let me know what you think. I watched Alton Brown (I think) take one apart and cook it and it seemed like WAAAAAY too much effort. I like artichokes though, so if you find it to be easy, please do share.

Unknown said...

I giggled reading your menu... seems like we're eating the same things!!! I love the sandwich thins, and eat cheesy veggies all the time (I figure that the mix of veggies and dairy does my body double good!) :)