Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Alone

Some days (like today, apparently), I feel very alone. I know there are lots and lots of people out there who have been through the same things we are experiencing right now. I also know there are a lot of people who, even though they haven't been through all this, still love and support us and only want the best for us.

Even really knowing all this, I still feel alone. I feel sometimes like I have no one talk to talk to about anything. I feel like I know people who have struggled for YEARS and are still struggling, people who struggled for years and now have babies, people who have "oops" babies, people who haven't ever TTC, people who thought it took a long time in the moment, but only took 3 or 4 cycles...but I don't know anyone in our situation. And because I don't, I feel like no one can really know what we're feeling. I know that's not explicitly true, but it sure feels like it some days (like today).

Some people think we need to move forward with other testing and not waste time while others think we're moving forward with testing too quickly. Some people think we haven't been trying all that long and should just keep at it while others think we should seek the advice of another doctor. And while it doesn't matter to me what other people think--we're doing what's right for us and what our gut tells us is right--it's hard to talk to people when I'm hearing such differing opinions and thoughts. So I sit here feeling alone.

5 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

I think you are doing the right thing by going with your gut. For some reason everyone you meet wants to tell you what to do in your infertility journey, however long it may be. I can't figure out why because it's such a personal thing to begin with but they feel it is their duty. And most of them haven't even experienced infertility. The bottom line is that because it's personal you both need to do what is right for you. So thank them for their opinion and go with your gut.

Amy said...

I know I don't know you personally, but I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better, even if momentarily. I think you guys need to do what's right for you...and only you. I agree, thank you so and so for your input but this is our decision and we're going with what we feel is best. Hang in there...HUGS

Simi said...

i totally respect doing whats right for YOU, it's the HARDEST option but it's the best in the long run!

Good luck you to guys. Wish you the best and am here if you want to vent :)

Kristen said...

You need to do what is best for you and C. Whether that is moving forward now or moving forward in six months, it has to be right for you. I know people out there believe that you need to wait a year to pursue why you are not pregnant, and personally I feel that is crazy. But, like you said, that is my thought.

Whatever path you choose, wherever you go, you KNOW I will be right by your side. Please know that no question is inappropriate and no question is out-of-my-league. The best way to prepare yourself for the future, for WHATEVER it brings, is to be educated about your options and your possible paths.

{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Allison. I'm sorry you are going through this. But I think you are doing the right thing by doing what your gut tells you to do. It's such a personal journey/challenge. My thoughts are with you. You are NOT alone and I know you know that. I think about you both daily. HUGS