Thursday, October 16, 2008

Compliments

Okay, so I love compliments! I love hearing other people tell me how fabulous I am :) For some reason I really need the approval of others to feel better about myself (notice not "good"...just "better").

I'm just realizing, though, that I'm getting lots of compliments and comments about how great I look. I've worked my butt off to lose this weight and I feel good about it. However, I know darn well that no one would be telling me how good I look if they hadn't seen the "before" version of me. No one ever gives this many compliments to a girl who is a size 14. Yes, I'm down from a size 22 to a size 14, but sometimes it just feels like this there's this implied "you look so much better than you used to".

Just my not-so-deep thought for the day.

4 comments:

Jill said...

No matter what you are doing in life it's always good to get compliments. I think that it just brightens your day. For me, people always give me compliments when I'm having a down or rough day... those moment count so much more than just a normal day.

On a side note, great job on the weight loss! I hope that you continue to work to stay healthy and get to your desired weight!!! :)

Manday said...

Just wanted to say that whether you believe it or not, I am pretty sure I would be telling you how great you look even if there wasn't a comparison, especially in person today. You were totally glowing and just radiant. Have you considered the possability that your weight loss has changed not just how you look physically, but what image/emotions you project on the world? As in, you are getting more compliments because you are happier with yourself and this is appealing to people in general, no matter what weight your at... thats my random thought of the day.

Kim and Dave said...

Allison, I just read this and felt so awful. I'm sorry that I might have, in some way, hurt your feelings. I wanted to let you know how beautiful you looked because I know you've been unhappy lately. Manday is right...you just glowed.

Allison said...

No, no, please don't think that compliments are bad or anything--I really, really do appreciate them!!!