Friday, October 10, 2008

He didn't even buy me dinner...

My date with the dildo-cam is over. Surprisingly, it wasn't all that bad. I was pretty distracted looking at the images on the screen, so I wasn't paying attention to the low-level discomfort. Of course, I'm not sure what I was seeing, but my OB/GYN tried to explain it to me. She showed me my dominant follicle, which was 2 mm--still small, but definitely moving toward ovulation. She said we wouldn't see a truly dominant follicle until I was pre-ovulatory, or 24-48 hours before ovulation. So that probably means I'm about 60ish hours from ovulation, which is what I would have guessed, I think--I should O on Sunday or Monday.

She did find a little bit of fluid on top of my uterus, but said it wasn't a concern b/c it was a small amount and b/c I was pre-ovulatory. *shrug* I guess it can suggest some bad stuff, but she said not to worry about it, so I'm not. :)

Lining looked good (not that I was really able to see it or understand it...).

So it's over and I'm at home, feeling a bit like I was violated. So no BDing tonight for DH. I did reward myself with a homemade caramel and a new shirt from the medical center gift shop.

Hopefully we'll get the SA results soon...we're both pretty uptight and worried about it. My OB/GYN said that if we don't get results in a week to call her office and they'll call the lab about it.

Going to get bloodwork on CD 21 (10/20) to check my progesterone levels and then that will conclude the tests for this cycle and then we just get back to praying (unless, of course, they find something wrong). Well, actually, of course, either way we'll be praying. :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm glad nothing abnormal was found. I'll be crossing my fingers that all goes well this weekend! :) get busy!!