Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Co-workers and their babies

My two closest co-workers have kids who are exactly 6 months apart. Their kids are adorable and, most of the time, I'm happy to talk about them and listen to them talk about them.

However, every once in awhile, I just have a hard time dealing with it. I really thought I would have a baby about two years younger than the one co-worker's....but no, that would mean I would need to be pg by now since I would need to be due in February or March.

I also think one of them (if not both) will be trying for baby #2 very soon. And it would make me very sad if they got pg before we did. So I'm always bracing myself for the announcement. I can't let myself think about what it would be like if they announced it...watching them get bigger...nope, got to stop today.

Today it hurts listening to them talk about their kids. It's not their fault in the least. At all. But it just makes me sad and I wanted to put that out there to my readers. Most days I'm okay. Just not today.

5 comments:

Liz said...

(((hugs)))

Andrea said...

I've been there. I know it hurts. (((hugs)))

Jill said...

I've been there too.

For me it was most hurtful when they announced their pregnancy. As if they should've known I've been waiting for 24 months to do that... it's like they stole my thunder... the thunder that I don't have to share...

Julie D said...

Clearly, you and me need a groping date. :)

Let's plan on that soon, ok?

Erin said...

I am right there with you and want to offer a great big hug to you! Sometimes it is SO hard to hear people talk about their kids and/or pregnancies. This doesn't change how excited and happy we are for them, but that deep ache in our souls that long to be an active part of those conversations still makes it hard to fully offer our joy to them.