Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doctor Appt Update

Just got in from the appointment and all is well! The doctor said all of my bloodwork and everything was perfect and we heard the baby's heartbeat really quickly. It was such a beautiful sound.

Of course, I've gained 5 pounds in the last month....so maybe I need to watch what I'm eating a teeny bit better, but I've been trying very hard to just eat when I'm hungry and to listen to my body. After trying to lose weight for so long, it's hard to find a happy medium. I did learn a lot from my weight loss, though, and have been doing great eating higher fiber foods (when I'm feeling daring...) and fruits and veggies. I may just be spluring a bit too often now ;)

I'm not going to worry too much about it, though. If I gain another 5 pounds by next appt, then I might take more action, but I assume the gain will level out. And if not, oh well--I've gotta keep baby fed, right?

You have no idea how relieved I am having heard that heartbeat again. Sure, we heard the h/b around 9 weeks, but hearing it now, knowing I'm in the second trimester...it's all incredibly real now. I really can relax.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so happy for you! Hearing that h/b is the greatest sound in the world.

Anonymous said...

I bet hearing the heartbeat is such a great feeling.

Julie D said...

Shouldn't we be getting belly shots soon? :)

Sarah Dee said...

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you!