Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fighting the Urge

I'm not sure why I'm fighting so hard, but I am...I'm not mentally ready to buy maternity clothes. My body, I think, is ready for it, but mentally I'm just not prepared. Plus I worry about if something should happen--then I have even more reminders....ugh.

Why am I so damn paranoid? I'm trying so hard to enjoy it and success most of the time. But there's just this nagging feeling that things CAN'T be this easy for me. It wasn't easy to get pg, why would it be easy to be and stay pregnant?

10 week 3 days today. We're out of the embryonic stage and into the fetal stage. That's a good sign, too.

So do I get to relax once we hit 12 weeks? Or do I wait to breathe that sigh of relief once I hit 13 weeks, officially marking the end of the 1st trimester? I just don't know. I relaxed significantly when we heard that little heartbeat. My ever-expanding midsection does seem to be a sign that baby is still in there, doing its little baby thing, but it's totally possible that something could have happened between last Tuesday and now.

I've heard people say before...you don't stop worrying until you die, so I suppose I should get used to it. I'm just making an effort not to allow this worrying to control my life (even if it doesn't seem like it!).

3 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

I've never been pg before so I don't totally know what you are going through. But I can understand wanting something so much that you are so afraid to loose it. The 'it must be too good to be true' mentality. You, very well, might not feel better until you are out of the first Trimester and ya know what? I'd be the same way too. Just know that whatever happens God is with you and He has it all under control.

P.S. you're almost there! Two more weeks till 2Tri!

Sarah Dee said...

You are paranoid because you're a mom now. Things can be easier for you, you've struggled so much, you deserve so many good things to come your way.

tbonegrl said...

When you get the clothes, you're going to wonder why you ever fought the urge! When you have the baby, you're going to still want to waer the clothes because they are so comfy!