Monday, January 5, 2009

Grace in Small Things, Day 1

My friend Happy Hopeful at http://bambinoclark.blogspot.com has given me the great idea of writing 365 days of greatfulness, especially in the small things. So, for the next 365 days I'll be listing 5 ways that I've experienced grace, either recently or in the past. I hope my readers will join me in this! We all need to find grace in whatever we do.

1) My Great Grandma--I am incredibly blessed to have known this remarkable woman. She was caring and thoughtful until her last day. Sadly, she passed away on Palm Sunday in 1992 at the age of 96. I was given my middle name after her and would love to pass the name along to a daughter, should we be blessed with one.

2) Football--I know it sounds silly to be grateful for football, but it has brought together a lot of people in my life! Also, if there were no football, there wouldn't be any collegiate marching bands and, therefore, there would be no "us".

3) Internet (stealing one!)--Without the internet, I would never have made some amazing people. In 2009 I'm hoping to reach out and get even closer to people and I'm SURE the internet will be my main tool!

4) Clean water--I love ice cold water and drink it all day at work and am SO glad I don't have to worry about it being contaminated or something!

5) P--Our little nickname for the baby, P is the thing I'm most grateful for right now. I just hope s/he decides s/he likes his/her home and sticks around for another 7 months!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you chose to go along with me on this journey! What a great thing to start at the beginning of a year.. and I think our blogs will appreciate the small lists also!

Simi said...

I'm so excited for you guys and the baby! You DID get to go through xmas with the baby!!! :D yay :)
I'll miss you tonight but hope to see you soon!