About Me

a mommy, a wife, a friend, a Buckeye, a worker, a chef, a perfectionist, stubborn, crafty...doing it all with a full heart.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Small Things, Day 10

On a day that saw a lot of stress and frustration with bad weather and bad drivers, I struggled a bit to find the grace in all of it.

1) My new-ish car with newer tires and decent brakes. True, it's officially almost 5 years old now, but it still drives pretty darn well and did a great job of getting us home in one piece yesterday!

2) Those ODOT plow and salt truck drivers. Even though my drive to work this morning was still over double the normal length, it probably could have been much worse had they not been out all night doing their jobs.

3) The snow-blower we got last year for Christmas. DH would have been outside for MUCH longer last night if we didn't have it!

4) Frozen pizzas. The most convenient, yummy dinner option. :)

5) My newfound friendship with my mom. We've been chatting more on the phone and emailing more than before. I love being able to share this time in my life with her--I was pretty apprehensive about it originally, but I'm so happy how excited she is!

No comments: