Friday, January 23, 2009

Small Things Days 13-18

Yes I've been a complete slacker on being grateful for the small things in life. So here's a huge list from the last week.

Day 13 (1/17)
1) Antenna still working in our office so we can watch silly TV shows while we organize
2) Online baby shopping so we can dream about our nursery
3) Our air purifier for our bedroom working! It wasn't working for awhile, but then we turned it on and it worked!
4) Taking the time to read for fun. I enjoyed the book club selection for this month (I had hoped I would since I picked it).
5) Shredded pork in the crockpot and being home all day to smell it cooking. Just a pork tenderloin with a bottle of Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce. Yum!

Day 14 (1/18)
1) A great burger from Red Robin.
2) Pink roses from my mom
3) Having my parents only an hour away, making it really easy to have them visit or us go to them, even just for dinner.
4) Nivea lip balm
5) My Coke Rewards--input codes from the Coke we already drink and get coupons to buy more Coke!

Day 15 (1/19)
1) Martin Luther King Jr.--I have no idea where my family (or even I) would be without a man like this standing up for Civil Rights throughout the country.
2) Holidays from work (and sleeping in a bit)
3) One stop shopping (did our grocery shopping at Wal.mart and also got stuff for the house)
4) Memory foam--pillow, mattress...mmmm
5) Anti-allergenic laundry soap

Day 16 (1/20)
1) The Biggest Loser
2) A new president who brings hope to this country
3) Online streaming of the inauguration so I could hide out at my desk watching it
4) Paper calendars--love having one in our house with birthdays of friends and family
5) Crystal Light. I'm so tired of drinking water all day every day!

Day 17 (1/21)
1) Getting straight with the library (I had a book that I checked out before my WEDDING in 2006). I paid my $15 or so and was able to check books out again!
2) The lounge in Lincoln Tower. DH ran really late from work and the car was low on gas, I didn't want to sit with it running for too long. I turned off the car, but it got really cold in there really quickly. I was so happy to find somewhere to sit and read!
3) Email. I hate dealing with work stuff over the phone b/c 1) it doesn't allow me to have a written record of what was requested and 2) it allows me to prioritize and doesn't demand my attention at that moment.
4) The season premiere of Lost. DH adores this show and sometimes I feel like we only watch what I want to. This is HIS thing. I watch with him, but have to admit that I fell asleep on the couch around 9:20. I don't think he minded because I ask too many questions and that means he gets to watch it again!
5) Tootsie Rolls, especially the flavored ones!

Day 18 (1/22)
1) Online banking. I'm paranoid about money, so I monitor our banking all the time. DH hates it when I call him and say "went to Chipotle for lunch, did you?" lol Of course it's not a judgment, it's just funny that I can see it just minutes after he checks out.
2) Slick Deals. My favorite site for finding great deals. It's where I learned about the Ann Taylor sale that got my maternity pants. It's where I find all sorts of deals on Wii things and TVs.
3) Swiffer Wet Jet for getting my floors pretty darn clean without having to scrub and bend over!
4) Spritz cookies and my fabulous friend Laura. :) Mmmmm....
5) This last one isn't such a small thing. It's my book club. More specifically, it's this great group of women that I've met online over the past 4 years (since I started planning my wedding!). All of our lives are intertwined in lots and lots of ways and I have made many, many friendships along the way. Even though there is always going to be some amount of bickering throughout the group (understandable whenever there is a large group of women), I feel like we all band together when someone is going through something awful. These women have brought out the best in me (most of the time)--I try my hardest to be a giving, loving person and really love doing so for these women. I love you girls!

No comments: