Friday, September 3, 2010

A few quick snippets

I have some big posts ready to write, but needed to get these down:

* Go Buckeyes!  We stayed up for the whole game last night and watched the Bucks beat down Marshall.  Awesome.  Only concern is the special teams, which is the first time in the Tressel era I have ever said that... 

* I'm currently writing a 13 month post, but I don't think this belongs there since she just started it last night.  Baby Girl can now say "Go Bucks".  Of course, it sounds like "Go Guck" (it seems like she's hooked on using the "gah" to begin all words...you'll see when I write out her word list), but she picked it up super quickly.  Go Bucks!

* My aunt (my mom's younger sister) passed away last night in her sleep.  She's had a long road--she was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago, beat it, but then had other cancer show up in her brain and neck.  She fought it until the end and was given four weeks to live about 2 or 3 months ago.  She'd been under hospice care for about a month now and I'm happy to hear she was sleeping and hope it was peaceful for her.  I didn't have much of a relationship with her, so I'm feeling guilty (again) for not really being overly sad about it.  I'm worried about my mom--she's never had a great relationship with her sister (not like they fought--they just weren't close at all) and I left her a voice mail today and she responded with an email: "I'm okay as long as I don't have to talk about it.  I'll call when I feel I can."  I didn't think she'd be this distraught about it (they went up and visited yesterday because she'd taken a turn for the worse, so they knew it was coming), so I'm not sure how to react now.  The selfish side of me is irritated that our long weekend will be altered but I'm trying to overcome that and just think about what we can do to help my mom, grandma, and my mom's siblings get through this. 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt! You guys have really had it rough lately with the losses! I hope you're able to comfort your mom through her loss, and that this is the last one you have to deal with for a LONG time.

And "Gucks" is a lot better than what Andrew calls the team...which is "Cockeyes." Yes.

Liz said...

Big (((hugs))) with your aunt. It's amazing she was able to beat it once! Just too bad she couldn't beat it again.

You'd be proud...I was watching YouTube videos before the game and Lexi saw/heard the marching band last night and said "Go Buckeyes!" :)

Anonymous said...

Allison I'm so sorry for your loss.